Thursday 15 January 2015

Kerala Dry Roast Chicken


I always keep searching online for adding variation to my growing list of chicken recipes. I stumbled on this particular recipe one day while randomly checking out my FB posts. I honestly don’t remember whose blog was that, but when I did prepare it for lunch that day, I remember my husband saying, “lock that recipe”. So, that’s what I did, and here it is for you.

This recipe is a two step process, first one is to marinate the chicken lightly and shallow fry it.
And then cook it in tomato sauce and let the chicken soak it up.

This recipe serves 2 people.

One serving of this recipe (1/2 portion) will provide approximately 287.5 Calories.

Here is what you’ll need:

4-5 pieces of chicken-in-bone
2-3 green chillies
10 curry leaves
2 tbsp fried onions
2 tbsp coriander leaves
1 big tomato
Oil for frying

For marinade:

1 tsp ginger paste
1tsp garlic paste
½ tsp red chilli powder
½  tsp coriander powder
1 tsp vinegar
2 chillies chopped finely
Salt as per taste

Method:

  1. Marinate the chicken pieces with ginger, garlic, red chilli powder, coriander powder, vinegar, salt and chopped chillies.
  2.  Let the marinated chicken rest for 30 min.
  3. Deep fry or shallow fry the marinated chicken till 3/4th done.
  4. Blanch the tomato (Put the tomato in boiling water till its skin cracks and peels off).Peel the skin and puree it.
  5. In a wok, heat 1 tsp oil (oil used for frying the chicken).
  6. Add the slit green chillies, curry leaves, pureed tomato.
  7. Add the fried chicken to it and let it simmer till the chicken soaks up the tomato sauce and dries out.
  8. Add the fried onions and coriander leaves and mix well.
  9. Serve hot.
Recipe by Zohra Sada

No comments:

Post a Comment