Tuesday 27 January 2015

French Toast


Some people call it the sweet Bombay toast, popularly known as French toast; I call it the sweet toast, basically the same thing. This easy breakfast or snack recipe is my all time favorite because it takes almost no time to prepare.  

I knew this recipe since forever, but whenever I would make this with normal bread (not thick slices) it would turn soggy and heavy. A friend of mine then told me a secret to hold up the bread volume, a tsp of cornflour. I know, I know, many eyebrows are raised, but trust me; it will still taste as wonderful. With the help of this, you can use any bread loaf which you have stored in the pantry. The vanilla essence amplifies the taste.

This recipe serves 2 people.

One serving of this recipe (1 slice of bread) provides approximately 205 Calories.

Here is what you’ll need:

4 slices of bread
1 egg
1/8 cup milk
4 tbsp sugar
1 drop vanilla essence
1 tsp cornflour
1 tbsp butter/oil

Method:

  1. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs.
  2. Add the sugar and mix till completely dissolved. (If you don’t like sweetness reduce the sugar by a tbsp).
  3. Whisk in the milk and vanilla essence.
  4. Sieve in the cornflour and mix well.
  5. Melt  butter  on medium heat in a non stick fry fan. 
  6. Dip each piece of bread in this mix till coated well and place 2 slices of bread on the pan. 
  7. Cook till both the sides turn golden brown.
  8. Serve hot.
Recipe by Zohra Sada

No comments:

Post a Comment