Thursday 7 May 2015

Glomerulonephritis – Swelling in the small blood vessels in the head of the Nephron

Image Courtesy: http://www.unckidneycenter.org/

Glomerulonephritis is an inflammatory process affecting the glomeruli – the tuft of capillaries in the bowman’s capsule of a nephron in the kidney.  It is common in its acute form in children 3 to 10 years of age but can also occur in adults past the age 50. It starts suddenly and is short lived, it can either recover completely or lead to development of chronic nephritic syndrome. It is generally caused by streptococcal infection, renal infarction, acute polynephritis and metallic poisoning.

The classic symptoms of glomerulonephritis are haematuria (blood in urine) and proteinuria (protein in urine). Odema and shortness of breath can occur as a result of sodium and water retention and circulatory congestion. Tachycardia (Faster heart rate) and elevated BP may also be present. The patient is aneroxic leading to feeding problems. Presence of oliguria (lower urine production) or anuria (no urine production) and uremia (urea in blood) shows development of acute renal failure.

As a part of dietary management, adequate proteins should be given unless there is development of oliguria or anuria. Salt is restricted in case of oedema, hypertension or oliguria. Sufficient simple and complex carbohydrates have a protein sparing action. Fat should be given based on tolerance. Bed rest and antibiotic drug therapy are the main treatment. The fluid intake will be adjusted to output including losses in vomiting or diarrhea.

The dietary treatment of this condition is as follows:



Also read on other Diseases of the Kidney in the Diet Corner column.

Post by Faiz Lahori

4 comments:

  1. How I became a happy woman again
    With tears of joy and happiness I am giving out my testimony to all viewers on line, my problem with Stomach Cancer stage IB and HIV has caused me many pains and sadness especially in my family.
    I was so afraid of loosing my life, I suffered the embarrassment of visiting
    therapy hundreds of times, unfortunately they did not find a definitive solution to my problem, I cried all day and night, do I have to live my life this way? I searched all true the internet for care, I was scammed by internet fraudsters times without numbers… until a friend of mine who stays in the UK introduced me to a friend of hers who was cured of the same disease, and she introduced me to Dr Itua who cured her from Breast Cancer by this email/WhatsApp +2348149277967,  drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com. I contacted him and he promised that all will be fine and I had faith.He sent me his herbal medicines through Courier service and i was instructed on how to drink it for three weeks to cure,I followed the instruction given to me and Today am a happy woman again. He cures all kind of diseases like,Brain cancer,Gestational trophoblastic disease,Head and neck cancer,Ovarian cancer,Hodgkin lymphoma,Herpes,,Liver cancer,Throat cancer,Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresS sclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Chronic Diarrhea,Copd,Parkinson,Als,Adrenocortical carcinoma  Infectious mononucleosis,Intestinal cancer,Thyroid Cancer,Uterine cancer,Fibroid,Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Brain Tumor,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone ToxicityBladder cancer,Hiv,Esophageal cancer,Gallbladder cancer,Kidney cancer,Hpv,Lung cancer,Melanoma,Mesothelioma,Multiple myeloma,Neuroendocrine tumors
    Non-Hodgkin lymphoma,Oral cancer,Sinus cancer,Hepatitis A,B/C,Skin cancer,Soft tissue sarcoma,Spinal cancer,Stomach cancer,Vaginal cancer,Vulvar cancer,Testicular cancer,Tach Diseases,Leukemia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My little princess is so beautiful) I underwent using Dr Itua Herbal Medicine. I had a miscarriage 7 years ago. I still can’t hold back my tears when I remember that horrible period of my life. After my loss I couldn’t get back to life for a long time. I’m glad I have my husband. He gave me support I needed the most. Together we can do everything! We wanted to have kids for a really long time. We’ve gone through a lot, but if you want something badly, you’ll get it! I had to search online on how i can use herbal remedy due to my infertility then i came across Dr Itua how he cure all kind diseases and helped a lady from Kansas City to get pregnant so i contacted him on email,He gave me some guild lines to follow he also send me his herbal medicine via courier service which he instruct me on how to drink it for two weeks really i did and after 7 days of having intercourse with my husband few days later i noticed my period didn't come then i decided to go for check up i was pregnant with a baby,Dr Itua is a genuine miracle man..I've got pregnant from first attempt. We were over the moon! Our girls were born in May 2015. We've just celebrated their first birthday. Finally joy and peace came to our family.Here his Email/Whatsapp Number...+2348149277967/ drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com He cure the following...infertility Liver/kidney Inflammatory,Diabetis,Herpes Virus, Lupus, HPV, Cancer, Hiv/Aids, Hepatitis, Als, MS, Menstrual Cramp, Fribroid.

    ReplyDelete